Thursday, July 24, 2008

SOME LIFE STILL!













Scott planted in ground sprinklers and watering tubes under the walkway, to water all the plants. They are now being watered each morning during the dogs walk (my reminder to turn on and off).
I am so excited to see some GREEN peaking out of the Gardenia plant that I thought was gone. I am going to give it another week to see if more green appears, before giving it a burial on Lowes.






The Japenese Ariela (sp?) is still hanging in there. At a recent market night I met a nursery owner who shared this info. The first year the leaves may burn if it gets morning sun, however it will flurish during the following years. So I am going to be patient with this little guy!

Speaking of patience. My Aunt, who gave me the advise to scratch the brown branches or stems of a plant to see if there is green under it, thus proving life.... She told me about a book called the impatient gardner. I need to find this book. Either it will give me patience, or teach me about faster growing gardens! HAH!

While I was gone last weekend, Scott added some more detail to the now abundant grass area. He curved out a nice little garden, featuring the original Gardenia plant, shadowed by the female Sago Palm we have. Do you notice her leaves upright. She is just about to drop new leaves. Just under the Gardenia is a little fern that has hung in there since we bought the house. Scott has also planted an underground soaker head near these too.

The space between the Gardenia and back porch is now reserved for a water fountain that I am currently hunting for. This is a gift from my Pampered Chef business. Happy Gardening-- Mindy

No comments: