Thursday, July 10, 2008

BACK FROM THE DEAD

As I stated in my first blog, since I have moved to Redlands, I have had the WORST luck with roses, even trying Miracle Grow. I am happy to report quite a few of our roses are starting to spring to life and a few buds have appeared.
Above and below is the one of the 2 roses planted on the east side of the house. Since we hardly used to visit this area, the poor babies dwindled. Plus they were always attacked by aphids and some other bug that eats the leaves. One finally died this year. This one has hung in there, and this morning I found the first bloom in over 2 years. Maybe all the water it has received revived it? Isnt this bloom just a beauty?!

The above and below rose were planted in front of the house (facing south). They replaced the Hibiscus bush that started dying after we moved in (see? BROWN thumb!). Again, they dwindled away and seemed to be dying. They had very weak blooms. Last weekend Scott put some left over compost over this bed, and look at the beautiful blooms that sprang up this week! The red is a MISTER LINCOLN. I think the lavender is a Silverado.
The below is BEWITCHED! The plant itself has hung in there since we moved in 3 1/2 years ago, but the blooms have been puny and far between. This is the 2nd bloom in a week. The other is in a vase on my desk at work. So pretty!

And look at CORRIE GIRL!! Another daisy has popped up ready to bloom. It is funny, they always face the frog statue. He is the symbol of the FROG PRINCE I married. Maybe he is chatting some encouragement to CORRIE GIRL?
I have to share more about my friend Corrie. When Scott and I were dating, he introduced me to Corrie and her roomate, Dred (short for Mildred). Dred went on to meet and marry Cory. So when talking about Cory or Corrie, we always had to say Boy Cory or Girl Corrie. I prefer CORRIE GIRL! I will now be able to say "HI!" to CORRIE GIRL each morning I leave the house.
HAppy Day-- Mindy


No comments: